Friday, August 31, 2007

Whatever!!!

Phooey on those that criticize creative people! OK - don't be so harsh. Periodically the questions arises "Don't you ever finish what you start? You are always knitting something different when I see you?". Well DUH!!!! I finish stuff all the time. I am a firm believer in not holding creativity back. When the creative juices start you need to start casting on NOW. Attempting to hold the creativity back will only cause it to get messed up with other pent up projects, make them all get jumbled and then you end up with some freaky "craft" project you can't give away to save your soul. Periodically the creative juices slow up on a project so they must be redirected to a new project - that is why having a large collection of knitting needles is so important. I try to clue my husband in on this - he is always complaining about the yarn and needles around the house - I say "I'm not knitting, I'm working.". (owning a yarn shop lets you use that excuse often) He comes back with some reply about why the yarn is breeding in the bedroom and how come I need knitting at each end of the couch - again - DUH!! What if I sit down at the wrong end of the sofa - I don't have to interrupt his channel surfing by asking him to pass my knitting bag. (I put a lot of thought into that one) "I'm only thinking of you dear", I reply as he grumbles. Attempting to come up with new and inventive reasons for feeding my so called yarn/knitting addiction can get rather draining - some people just don't get it. I usually have to take a break, clear my head by knitting awhile and that spout out a new "reason". Someday my goal is to break my husband. I know it is possible. He caved and taught himself how to crochet several years ago by watching me. Eventually he will pick up the knitting needles and ask me to show him how. Probably not until they stop making batteries for the remote but it doesn't hurt to believe there is hope.

No comments: