Monday, August 13, 2007

Done!

OK - so here are my sisters socks - done at long last. Now they await her arrival so they can be placed on her little tootsies - much like Cinderella and the glass slippers except there is no prince involved - just me - her "favorite" sister. Don't be bothered with the trivial nonsense that there is no other sister - she just knows that I am her favorite so we will keep it at that. I like being the wiser sister - not older - just wiser.

Any who - now that I have finished her socks (Sockina Cotton #02) I have started on some socks for myself. I know that in the knitting world actually knitting for yourself falls in some weird realm that rarely exists but I thought I would give it a shot. Once in a while doing something for your self is kind of nice. You can rave to yourself endlessly about how wonderful your gift is and you won't even get embarrassed by all the praise. When I finish my socks I might even get out my tiara and give myself the royal treatment for all of two minutes before reality sets in and the family needs me yet once again. If not at least I will know that something I knit is truely treasured in the highest regard - that might be reason enough to finish my own socks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tiara and a wand! Maybe take yourself out for coffee alone? Nah that's pushing it......

Looking good!