Monday, August 27, 2007

Yep - I'm Still Here

OK - I need to get better about posting. I get so caught up in kids, housework and knitting that by the end of the day I crash and nothing gets posted. I'm still tinkering with my socks out of Cat Bordhi's new book. They are fascinating to knit - it's obvious that a lot of planning went into her designs.

Saturday was pretty crazy. After the shop closed I had to dash over to Kent to spend the evening at my dad's house. It was their 30th anniversay so they invited us over for dinner and to watch the Seahawks game. It's always fun to take an evening and visit with family and friends. The fact that we won the game and Rose made a fantabulous meal was all bonus. They had ordered this cake - it was supposed to say "Happy 30th Anniversay Grandma & Grandpa". When they went to pick it up it said "Happy 30th Birhtday Grandma & Grandpa". HELLO!! That makes no sense at all. I was a bit surprised they didn't question it while they were decorating it. You would think they would have called - no they just got the pleasure of fixing it while they waited. Silly, silly! I guess it pays to double check other things besides dye lots. (important lesson learned)

No comments: