Friday, June 29, 2007

One Proud Mama!!!!

I am one proud Mama! I just need to brag for a second. My son just received the National Presidential Academic Award! He has worked so hard in school and then received this very high honor - I am still beaming with pride. As his name was called, I started welling up with tears. I am always very proud of my children but I must admit I puffed up a bit more over this one.

OK - on another note - there is a small group of us knitting a sweater out of the latest Creative Knitting magazine. I have finished the back and am almost done with the left front. The yarn I am using is Alpaca by Heirloom. I choose the heather green - oh my gosh is it ever soft. As if one KAL wasn't enough - there is another group at the shop that has decided to attempt Mystery Stole 3. The first clue should be posted soon. We are all waiting - impatiently I might add. We must look pretty silly - needles and yarn in the ready - crowding over the laptop waiting for the first clue. Never enough knitting projects - I only need 48 hours in a day or an extra set of arms to go with the eyes in the back of my head.

We are finally on the right track with the bag lining - we decided to take the new piece of fabric and quilt it. All I need to do now it hand sew it to the facing.

No comments: