Monday, June 25, 2007

I Found It!!!

OK - I have finally found it - the lining fabric for Mrs. Weasley's Bag. I started this bag a hair over two weeks ago. I have thought long and hard about what I wanted to line it with. Mom and I spent most of the day plowing through her tremendous fabric stash. After we failed to find anything that sparked us - we trekked down to the quilt shop to find something. As we wandered through the shop, holding the bag up to several fabrics we finally found it - the ONE! We had actually selected another one and were heading up to the counter when we found it. This picture is a bit darker than I would like - the fabric is actually a bright green (like a granny smith apple).


After locating the fabric we went back to Mom's house to line the bag. Several hours and many "design" flaws we created a "template" for the lining. That is basically the nice way of saying we butchered the project so bad that we are starting all over. Mom had to make another trip down to get more fabric. Rest assured we have done it wrong enough that this new piece of fabric will be assembled perfectly!! Sadly enough Mom and I are both long time sewers and quilters - just goes to show that we all have an "off"day now and then.


We laughed at our troubles today and decided to try again later.


On a much brighter note, I managed to go through all - yes all - of my knitting projects and get everything organized. I actually know where everything is and each project has everything together just waiting for me to get back to it. What a great feeling it is to actually have some - small as it is - control over my numerous knitting projects.

1 comment:

AnnMarie said...

Do you have a picture of the completed bag and a shot of the lining in the bag?

I've only just begun knitting and have stuck with mostly knit/purl projects. I saw this bag and MUST try it. The bag is absolutely too cute to not try it. Was it difficult?