Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Bits & Pieces

Can you believe I didn't get a chance to knit at all yesterday??!!?? How frustrating is that? I spent the entire day cleaning, cooking, running errands and shuttling the children around - the life of a mom. In amongst all the laundry, vacuuming and scrubbing my daughter decides we need to bake cookies. It was pretty early still in the morning so I told her we needed to wait until her sister went down for a nap. She turn to her sister and says, "Sissy it's nap time - lets go!". OK - rephrase that - no nap until after we go to the store - we need eggs. Finally we get to the cookies and she did a great job! She added everything to the mixer and turned it on and off by herself. We were making chocolate chip so I got out the industrial size bag of chocolate from Costco and started to measure them. She looked at me and said "Momma that's not enough chocolate". I was so proud - a girl after my own heart. I hugged her and said "I know baby but it will have to do". If I have taught her anything at least she knows you can never have enough chocolate and sometimes you just need a bit more.

I'm still struggling with the fact I didn't get any knitting done - maybe that's what caused that weird twitching in my fingers all night - withdrawals. Not to worry though - I plan on making up for lost time today. We got some new yarn in the other day and more coming in later this week. It's very difficult to see new things and not get to play with them. I think that's why yarn shops are the best. As a kid you're always told not to touch anything - in the yarn shop its all but mandatory to touch, squeeze, nuzzle and smell (yes - many people do this) the yarns. Its rather thrilling to "break" the rules that have been grilled into to all of us since birth. "Don't touch - hands off"!! Well step into the yarn shop my fellow fiber artists and touch and squeeze away all that childhood frustration - let it go and have fun - just be sure your hands are clean.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to come see the new yarns. I bet they are yummy.

Betsy
FederalWay