Sunday, February 17, 2008

I Dropped My Knitting

Holy Crud!! I dropped my knitting! Today was the 50th running of the Daytona 500 - prior to the race NASCAR did a wonderful tribute to past drivers. While I was watching and knitting just waiting for the green flag to drop Brooks & Dunn were up on stage singing (love them) when out from under the stage rolls Dale Sr's #3 car. I gasped loudly and dropped my knitting. I was very moved by the moment and let's just say that the makers of Kleenex made some big money today. The tears were flowing as they reminded all that 10 years ago today that car was in victory lane. Any NASCAR fan can tell you that even now watching replays of that Daytona 500 when Sr won still, and always will, bring tears to even the toughest of men. Many kudos to the folks of NASCAR and all involved with the prerace festivities for putting on such a fantastic tribute and one heck of a great kick start to this racing season. Congrats to Ryan Newman for winning!

No comments: