Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Will Work For M&M's

OK - so I have been informed that I'm CHEAP!! I spent a little while last night whipping out a Noodlehead headband for a friend of mine and she brought me two bags of dark chocolate M&M's when she came to pick it up. She informed me I was "CHEAP". My thinking is that I got the better end of the deal. I LOVE dark chocolate and I love knitting. Cheap - HA HA - I won - her ears were warm but I got chocolate! What could be better?
We hand a great time on Sunday. Lisa Ellis & Sandy Payne came up to the shop to give a demonstration on knitting with beads and twining (two ended knitting). Both ladies were very informative and are willing to come back and teach a class in these techniques - can't wait. Keep an eye out on our website for specific dates and times.
I am happy to report that after the fifth attempt, I have finally got my Aran Wiggles sweater going in the right direction - up!! I had it going and I decided to change my needle size so I started over (and over, and over, and over etc). Basically I got a bit cocky. I read through the pattern the first time but when I decided to start over I just cast on (again and again and again). Silly me, I kept forgetting the last 10 stitches on the back. I'm really enjoying knitting the sweater and can't wait until I get it done. Lesson learned here - if you decide to restart a project you need to reread the pattern - don't just assume you know what you are doing. I guess that is what you call "getting a little full of yourself".

No comments: